Sunday 21 September 2014

MAC and Hourglass HAUL

Hello again!

So, I had a 10% discount from Myer that expired today (sorry) and I have always wanted to try some Hourglass products and seeing as Mecca has had a price decrease recently I wanted to try something!
The products that I purchased were M.A.C. Brush Cleanser, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat and the smaller version of the Veil Mineral Primer.
The first product that I will talk about is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I went a little bit over board with photos of the packing because on the back there was something that I hadn't seen on others so I thought it would be nice to add.
So, as you can see, this is just the outside of the packing. It was actually a little difficult to take the photos for the Hourglass products because the packing is really reflective!

As you can see, I only got the small one. I realise that it's not as cost effective but I don't know how I will get along with this product so, if I don't like it for what ever reason, I know I haven't wasted the money on the full size. Also, I feel like this will be better for travel as I might be tempted to take it to my parent's to use.


This is the part on the back of the packaging that I was referring to. I apologise that this image is on the side. What I liked it that this product even gives you skin care tips like staying out of the sun (and even what times its best to avoid being in full sunlight, which I thought was a nice addiction). That is why I took a photo to show just how much information is written all over the small box.
Now, because this is the day that I have purchased it, I haven't got any comments on the product other then from the small swatch from in store. As you can tell from the packaging, the product is white, although when I put it on the back of my hand it blended into nothing. It didn't leave any odd feeling on my hand which I am excited about. I did smell the back of my hand and I couldn't smell anything which is another bonus and something I look forward to."
Price: $25 AUD




Next, I will talk about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat. I didn't really know which product I wanted to try first, besides the primer. But seeing as I am falling more and more in love with blush, I figured this would be the first product I would try!

Again, it was hard to take photos of the packing as it is very reflective! Which is really cool but does make it hard for an amateur like me to photograph.

This blush does have a lovely mirror and the packaging is nice and sturdy, which is reassuring. The clasp is sometimes a little awkward to open, but I think this is more of a good thing because you feel more confident that it wont randomly open in your makeup bag.

Now, this is what the product actually looks like! The lady who served me was very sweet. She went searching through the blushes in stock to find me one that had a nice mix of the colour and the powder on top. I thought that was really nice of her!



Again, I haven't used this product before as I have only purchased this today! Although, I did have a bit of a hard time trying to decide which one I would pick. I was debating between Diffused Heat and Radiant Magenta, but I decided with Diffused Heat because I wanted a shade that I was more comfortable with. Diffused Heat is a more peachy coloured blush. I'm super excited to try this tomorrow as I LOVED how it both looked and felt on my hand in-store.


Price:  $46 AUD



This last product was the only re-purchase of the day! Which is my trusty M.A.C Brush Cleanser. This is the third time that I have bought this. I love this for daily use to clean my foundation brush and my eye shadow brushes (and occasionally my powder brushes). This one will be going to my parent's house as the one there is almost gone. I honestly can't stand using a unclean brush (although this product doesn't deep clean my brushes, it still removes lots of product) so I love to use this. This doesn't leave a smell on the brushes nor does the pink affect the brush. I don't know how this works with other brush brands, but the main ones that I use are Real Techniques.

I know a lot of people complain about the fact that this product doesn't come with a pump. This doesn't bother me because I have never used it with a pump. I just put a cotton pad over the mouth of the bottle and just tip it quickly to get a little of product on it. I can then use both sides of the cotton pad and this is more then enough for my eye shadow brushes, but I do use my foundation brush for a couple of different things so it sometimes takes 2 - 3 cotton pads to remove the majority of the product from the brush. This doesn't bother me because to me this is a pretty cheap product for how long it lasts me! It also counts as apart of the Back-to-M.A.C. program, so that is another bonus.

Price: $20 AUD


Thanks for reading my post and I'll see you in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment